The experiment turned out ok...And I need to pen down the recipe before I forget it...
- Kundri/TondeKayi/Kovakkai/Ivy Gourd - Around 150 g
- Potatoes - 2 medium sized
- Onions - 2 medium sized
- Pepper powder - 2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Chop kundri length-wise ( One kundri into around 6 pieces). Chop potatoes into 2 inch long pieces ( around the same size as the kundri pieces). Chop onions finely.
- Heat oil in a cooker and season with mustard,cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped potatoes and kundri and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric and pepper powder.
- Add half a cup of water and pressure cook till one or two whistles.
- After cooking stir well and cook for a minute on open flame.
- Serve with rotis.